Well, that title sounds a lot more ominous than it was intended to. Rest assured, this isn’t going to be a confession to all the bodies hidden beneath my floorboards (as if I would tell you about those).
Instead, I’d like to share with you just some of the awesome things I’ve done since deciding to take control of my life about a fortnight ago. They’re all just little things, but to borrow a phrase from the young protege of my blog’s namesake, you mustn’t let a little thing like little stop you. I’m hoping that it’ll serve as a reminder to me of all the little things I can accomplish, and as a reminder of how happy these little things can make me. If any of you are feeling low, I’d recommend any of them.
In the last fortnight, I have:
- Had lunch with my granny twice.
- Visited my grandad in Troon.
- Learned how to make shortcrust pastry and used my mad skillz to bake a truly glorious apple pie.
- Dressed up real fancy and gone on a super romantic date with the boy.
- Accidentally drunk a whole bottle of prosecco in a single sitting.
- Made a writing portfolio.
- Made macaroons.
- Gotten over 400 hits in one day, on a blog I thought no one would read.
- Made my own stationery, and used it to send a letter to a friend in America.
- Watched a rainbow disappear and reappear from my window.
- Worked hard on a special somebody’s 18th birthday present (can’t tell you, it’s going to be a surprise).
- Taken a beginner’s course in HTML and built a very beautiful website.
HTML is seriously fun. Typing code makes me feel like such a badass. Now, to learn how make stuff not look like that ^^.
I’ve decided that it’s probably time to stop letting depression kick my ass and at least make some attempts at kicking it back. I am from Paisley after all, I’d be letting the side down if I didn’t at least pan its windaes in. Maybe next I’ll learn a language. Or write an anthology of poetry. Or learn to swing dance. Or get a new job. Viva la Resistance!